Family Vacation at Huntington Beach State Park, South Carolina
(pretty good pic from a little ‘ole iPhone)
As I gaze out at the sea, I feel the embrace of Christ all around me. There is POWER in His creation. We are like the earth and He is the ocean. He is lapping at our shores. Ever powerful and only overtaking as is necessary so that we may see our own weaknesses and need for Him. He is the sustaining WATER of life. His currents are gently wooing us. Encouraging us to come deeper and farther from the shore (the ways of the world) to His ways. Inviting us to follow His rising and lowering tides day by day. Enjoying His presence and all that His peace offers.
We have the opportunity. But will we take it?
- Will we wade in completely?
- Will we go under and allow Him to uphold us in all that he has made us to be?
- Or will we be content to simply stick in a toe? Check to see if the temperature is right for us for that day. Assuming we know best which temperature is good or the direction the tide will take.
- Will we only surrender to the predictable?
- Or will we go all in and let Him surround us?
Lord, hold us close and lead us in the way everlasting. I want to be all in.
Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. -Andy Warhol
What about you? Take a deep breath and jump in.